1Password SSH Windows Terminal Not Working

labthe3rd
labthe3rd
Community Member
edited July 15 in SSH

Hello, I have followed the steps to install 1Password CLI and 1Password SSH Agent on my Windows 11 PC. I have confirmed the agent is running by using the command "ssh-add -l". I also confirmed that my Synology NAS has the correct public SSH Key. I also disabled Windows Hello. When I run the command "ssh user@server" I am met with the password prompt for the user inside the command prompt. The 1Password agent does not seem to be doing anything since the terminal is acting as though I were attempting to log in without an ssh key. This works with the built in windows agent. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 8.10.35
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 10.0.22631 Build 22631
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @labthe3rd, thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry that you're experiencing trouble when trying to authenticate with the SSH Agent. Can you run ssh -v user@server in the Command Prompt and share the output in an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread, so that we can take a closer look? Make sure to mask any sensitive information in the output before sending it over.

After sending the email, you’ll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-David

• labthe3rd
    labthe3rd
    Community Member

Sorry I just seen this! The support ID is
    KVV-22327-941

• labthe3rd
    labthe3rd
    Community Member

Just figured it out! I had a config file in my .ssh folder. After deleting that it started working! Thank you for making me aware of the -v option, that made this much easier to troubleshoot! I appreciate you david.m_1P

• @labthe3rd

Thanks for the update! It's great to hear that you were able to get SSH working! 🙂

I've located the ticket, so I will close this thread now. If you have any additional questions regarding SSH, we can continue the conversation over email.

-David

ref: KVV-22327-941

This discussion has been closed.