Regression in custom autofill behavior on android

Roukanken
Roukanken
Community Member

I have an own domain, and a lot of self-hosted services running on it, with each having its own password on own subdomain and set up in 1pw with "Only fill on this exact domain" autofill behavior.

Version 8.10.34 respected their selected behavior at least partially - while hover pop-up / keyboard suggestion did not respect it, after selecting Open 1password, only the correct ones were listed. This is no longer true in 8.10.36, and all passwords on my domain are listed here, even if they are from different subdomains. Eg, another.my-domain.com is listed on here.my-domain.com, even though it has exact domain selected.

I checked with another device that didn't yet have the update that it worked before, and that it broke with updating to .36

1Password Version: 8.10.36
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Firefox 128

Comments

• Hello, @Roukanken. Thank you for writing in.

I've been able to recreate the same behaviour on my device. There is a known issue that our development team is investigating in regards to autofill behaviours not working as expected on Android. I've added you as an affected user to our internal reporting.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#21542

• blemasle
    blemasle
    Community Member

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. Not sure what will be the outcome of be included in the "affected users list" but I guess I'll at least get a notification when this thread is moving.

• @blemasle

I'm sorry that this is interrupting your work flow as well, I've let our development team know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21542