Keep Fill Disable Save

How do I disable password save for specfic sites. When I got to my work login I'm always prompted to save my Pin/Token which changes which is different on each login? I don't want to loose fill, but I do not want to be prompted for saves also. If I need to save a password I will.

1Password Version: 8.10.36
Extension Version: 2.25.1
OS Version: Win11 Pro
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hi @CheyneD, thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you're referring to the new auto-save feature in the 1Password extension, is that correct? If so, while there's no way to disable the feature on a site-by-site basis, you can turn it off using the following steps:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then select "Settings".
    2. Click Autofill & save in the side panel.
    3. Toggle off the "Offer to save logins" setting.

Disabling the "Offer to save logins" setting will only impact the use of the auto-save feature. If "Offer to fill and save passwords" is enabled, you'll continue to be able to save and fill items. Let me know if that works and if you have any questions.

Additionally, if you find the auto-save feature useful, and you'd like to continue to use it on certain websites, let me know, and I'll submit a feature request on your behalf to our Product team.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-David

• CheyneD
    CheyneD
    Community Member

These are my settings in the browser. I really need this to stop. When I get to my work login we have a user name, password and pin/token. User name and password, great fill them. Pin/token as of late I get prompted to save this as a new login everytime and have to close the prompt.

• @CheyneD

Thanks for your reply! Can you confirm if you're seeing the "Save login" prompt seen in the screenshot below?

The 1Password extension's 'Save login' auto-save prompt appears in the top right corner of the webpage with the option to update the existing item.

If so, does the behaviour persist after toggling off the "Offer to save logins" option in the 1Password extension's settings?

-David