iOS 18-compatible app icon

mischief
mischief
Community Member
edited August 16 in iOS

With iOS 18 just around the corner, I’ve been trying the public beta. One of the new features is tinted Home Screen icons. iOS does a (usually) decent job of converting icons to support tinting, but it skips those which are too difficult including the 1Password icon.

Here’s some examples. For those who use tinted icons, it’d be great to have an app icon choice in Appearance settings that aligns with Apple’s app icon requirements for tinted icon support.

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/app-icons

1Password Version: 8.10.38
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 18.
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @mischief! 👋

Thank you for providing feedback on how 1Password can better fit in on iOS 18! I've shared your feedback and request with our development team internally. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#31530

• joshuakaufman
    joshuakaufman
    Community Member

Seconding this request for better iOS 18 icons. The 1Password dark icon is helpful but notice how much brighter 1Password is compared to the other apps here. It just needs its brightness reduced a bit.

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member

+1 and with the ability for the dynamic updating based on iOS Light/Dark settings.

• @joshuakaufman and @HinghamHarborMan

Thank you for the feedback! I've passed along your requests to the team. 🙂

-Dave

• benf
    benf
    Community Member

So it looks like in my version I’m able to choose between a light and dark version. It would be great if this could be brought natively into iOS 18.