Firefox Extension not integrating with app and locking every time I relaunch the browser

I just switched from Chrome to Firefox (Floorp) on my Windows 11 PC. The Chrome extension was working as intended but the Firefox extension is giving me issues.

Basically, despite having "Automatically Lock 1Password" option turned off so that I don't have to fill in my master password every time I need to auto-fill, I have to do so every time I relaunch the browser. This didn't happen in chrome.

I figure that it might be because of it not integrating with the Desktop app which did integrate with Chrome. But I am not able to get it to integrate with Floorp.

Can somebody help me here please?

1Password Version: 8.10.40
Extension Version: 2.27.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Floorp (Firefox Fork)

Comments

• Hello @Aksh2023! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. The 1Password for Windows desktop app will only connect to a certain number of trusted browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox, that have gone through a vetting and approval process. Floorp isn't one of these browsers and so it won't be able to connect to the desktop app, this means that you'll need to unlock 1Password in Floorp separately each time that you restart your browser.

Earlier this year, the team released a custom trusted browsers feature for 1Password on the Mac which allows you to add your own trusted browsers as long as they have a valid code signature. This feature isn't yet available on Windows and I'll let the team know that you would find it useful.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

ref: PB-41766598

• Aksh2023
    Aksh2023
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply @Dave_1P
    Yes, it would be extremely convenient to have that feature on Windows as well.
    I Hope it happens soon!

• Thank you again for the feature request, let me know if there's anything else that I or the team can help you with in the future. 🙂

-Dave

• blinq
    blinq
    Community Member

@Dave_1P I hope this is in works for Linux as well, hopefully you won't leave us out :)

• ag_tommy
    edited August 24

@blinq

I've mentioned to the team you'd like to see this available in Linux as well.

ref: PB-41840484