1Password Repeatedly Asking for Login Across Multiple Chrome Profiles - Solution Needed

Hello 1Password community,

I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with 1Password on my Mac, and I'm hoping someone can help or provide insight.

Issue:

My 1Password app keeps asking for login details across multiple Chrome profiles, which is extremely inconvenient. Previously, when I unlocked 1Password in one Chrome profile, it would unlock across all Chrome profiles. Now, I have to constantly log in on each Chrome profile separately.

Details:

• I use 1Password with multiple Chrome instances
  • The 1Password app is installed on my Mac
  • This issue started recently; it used to work fine before

Questions:

• Is this a known issue?
  • What could have caused this change in behavior?
  • Is there a fix or workaround available?
  • Are there any settings I can adjust to restore the previous functionality?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. This constant need for authentication is significantly impacting my workflow efficiency.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1Password Version: 8.10.40
Extension Version: 8.10.44.34
OS Version: macOS 14.5 (23F79)
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello, @Geek. Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry about the issue you're running into with 1Password in the browser. Based on what you shared, the 1Password desktop app and 1Password in the browser aren't communicating as we'd expect. At this time, there isn't any ongoing known issue.

Are you entering your account password in the 1Password desktop app or within the 1Password browser extension pop-up for each Chrome profile? Is the 1Password desktop app icon turned on in the macOS menu bar?

-Evon

• Geek
    Geek
    Community Member

Hello Evon,

Thank you for your response. To clarify, I actually enter my account password manually within the 1Password browser extension pop-up for each Chrome profile. I rarely use the desktop app at all.

Previously, the behavior was such that once I unlocked 1Password in one Chrome profile, it would automatically be unlocked in all other Chrome profiles until the time limit expired, at which point they would all lock again. This was very convenient for my workflow.

Given this information, do you have any additional insights or suggestions on how to restore the previous functionality or improve the current situation?

Thank you for your continued assistance.

• @Geek,

Thank you for getting back to me. For some context, the 1Password Extension connects to the 1Password desktop app through app integration. With this feature, when you sign into the app, you will also be signed into the extension in all browser profiles. It improves the unlocking process, so you would not have to sign in to the app and extension separately. Also, when this feature is enabled, the 1Password app and browser extension share auto-lock settings.

So that I can take a closer look at the issue you are experiencing, I would like to request that you send me some information to support+forum@1Password.com. With your email, please include the following:

1. First, please recreate the issue you are experiencing.
    2. Then save a console log for 1Password in the browser using the steps here -> Save a console log for 1Password in your browser.
    3. Lastly, generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app (desktop app) using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report.
    4. Attach both files to your email.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here, and I will be able to locate your message and make sure it has gotten to the right place. Thank you!

-Evon

• Jehnim
    Jehnim
    Community Member

@Evon Hi Evon

I am experiencing the same issue and not just across Chrome but Firefox as well. Can I follow the send you describe above and send them the the email address you supplied? Thanks so much.

• Hello, @Jehnim. Yes, absolutely! Ensure to include your forum username as well. 🙂

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Evon