1Password doesn't fill anything in Safari

coopr
coopr
Community Member
edited September 30 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password has worked well for me for years. It continues to work well in Chrome, but in the last few days (since upgrading to MacOS 15.0 Sequoia, I think) it doesn't fill anything in Safari. The little 1Password menu appears below login and password fields, but clicking on the choices does nothing (it should fill the selected choice). Using 1Password icon in the Safari Toolbar also does not fill.

I've tried the "uninstall and reinstall" process noted here https://1password.community/discussion/comment/716197/#Comment_716197 and it made no difference.

Any suggestions on how to restore normal form filling function in Safari?

1Password Version: 8.10.44
Extension Version: 8.10.46.34
OS Version: MacOS 15.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member

I'm going through the same issue. Long time user of 1P (ver 8.10.44). Just upgraded to Sequoia 15.0 and tried Sequoia Password out of curiosity and now it's locked out 1P in Safari. 1P still works with Google tho. 1P doesn't show up in Safari settings/autofill only Sequoia Password. But 1P still shows up in Safari Extensions. All worked well with 1P prior to checking out out Sequoia Passwords.....it's blocked from activating via browser icon. How do I reactivate 1P and deactivate SP (Sequoia Password)

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member

@coopr ...Finally got 1P in Safari Browser icon unlocked and 1P back to my default password mgr and Sequoia Password turned off and now it's not over riding 1P and blocking. They apparently do not work side by side. What I did was:

Mac settings>General>Auto Fill / turned off (Auto fill passwords & passkeys). Re-booted Mac and got the 1P browser icon unlocked..finally.

Read in another posting with this provided link on "how to turn off built-in password manager in your browser" and followed the instructions for Safari:

https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

Now I'm back to original 1P foundation 8.10.44 as default mgr before I dabbled with Sequoia Passwords.
    Hope this helps with your issues.

• coopr
    coopr
    Community Member

Thanks @bgoodz - all those settings were already set for me, so I didn't change anything.

But... 1Password autofill in Safari started working! All the sites that weren't working yesterday now work!! I don't know what I changed (I don't believe I changed anything at all) but something fixed itself.

Phew, case closed!

• @bgoodz and @coopr

I'm glad that you were both able to resolve the issue on your devices. If the issue comes back, or if you need help with anything else, then let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member

Thank you @Dave_1P will do. Mine was self inflicted 😬🤨. I’ll try to do better.
    Thanks again for the response. U guys are great!

• @bgoodz

Thank you for the kind words. If you do run into any other issues then we'll be here to help. 😊

-Dave

• coopr
    coopr
    Community Member

Hmm, nevermind, it didn't actually fix itself - I'm finding that auto-fill is working on far fewer sites than it used to. Many sites that used to autofill are no longer doing so.

@Dave_1P what do you suggest as next steps?

• @coopr

I'm sorry that autofill isn't working on certain websites. Can you provide one or two examples here so that I can test them on my end?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• coopr
    coopr
    Community Member

Keeps happening, inconsistently - I've captured some screen recordings - how do I share them privately @Dave_1P ?

• @coopr

I'm sorry that the issue continues. Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and include a link to this thread.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and send you a secure upload link for your screen recordings. 🙂

-Dave