Update to Firefox (130.0.1) causing 1Password to "Save Identity" on every page of every site

MvPete
MvPete
Community Member

Firefox updated to 130.0.1 around 9/27/24 and since that time the 1Password browser extension for Firefox has been prompting to save an identity with every new page load. I cannot find a setting to turn it off.

1Password Version: 80.10.44
Extension Version: 8.10.46.26
OS Version: macOS 14.7
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello @MvPete! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an unexpected prompt from 1Password after updating. To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

-Dave

• MvPete
    MvPete
    Community Member

The issue I a dealing with is only occurring within Quickbooks Online, and only on the "new Bill" page. When I select the "Description" or "Amount" fields 1Password injects the "Save Identity" dialogue.

If I click the X in the Save Identity box it will go away, until I navigate to one of the two data entry fields "Description" or "Amount". I can close out of the Save Identity box 10 times and it keeps coming back.

This does not happen in Safari, but I have to use Firefox because of QuickBooks Online requirements.

• @MvPete

Thank you for the screenshot. So that the team can investigate this further, and since I don't have access to that page, could you please send the page structure of the webpage in question to our support team? Follow these steps:

1. Open the website in question until you can see the pop-up that you're referring to.
    2. Right-click on the page and click "1Password - Password Manager" > Help > Collect Page Structure.

Attach the resulting JSON file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• MvPete
    MvPete
    Community Member

KEY-35585-361

• @MvPete

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you a reply via email soon, please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: KEY-35585-361