Are changes in default vault permissions applied retro-actively?

JanVH
JanVH
Community Member

Context: I'm a newly added admin for our business account. This account already had many user accounts and many shared vaults before I joined. Currently, whenever we add people to a vault, they will get full read/write/delete permissions to that vault, unless we remember to update them afterwards and revoke any permissions they do not need.

I recently discovered that we can edit these default permissions in the app usage policies, so I'm eager to change these default policies and limit users to read-only permissions when they get added to new vaults.

But my concern is this: I don't want to rock the boat too much, I only want this policy change to affect future invites, not already existing permissions. Some people might have more permissions than they need, but others never got those full R/W/D permissions edited because we actually want them to have those. So the existing permissions need to be updated carefully, manually and case-by-case, not automatically changed for the whole company.

Actual question: Can I please get a confirmation that none of the already existing user/vault permissions will be affected when I change the default vault permissions in our business account's app usage policies?

Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited October 11

@JanVH

I've consulted with the our team. The setting should not apply retroactively.

I hope this helps.

• JanVH
    JanVH
    Community Member

Hello @ag_tommy,

thank you for the reassurance!
    Your answer gave me the confidence to update the default permissions.
    And like you said, it did not change anything about the existing permissions.

Thanks!

• You're welcome. :)