Date formats for passport expiry and issuance fields don't match

kop48
kop48
Community Member

There's huge inconsistencies with the date format for passports. I have my region set to US English, but my date format set to YYYY-mm-dd. While 1Password follows the OS format when displaying the dates, it switches to a US-specific input format when editing. What's worse, on one Passport item, the Expiry date is in a different format to the Issued Date field. Finally, 1Password only allows you to type two digits of a year, making it VERY hard to input a year in the 2000s, as it defaults to the 1900s.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.46 (81046026)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Version 15.1 Beta (24B5070a)
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @kop48! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing the correct date format when editing an item. This is a known issue that our development team is working to address. I've added your report to the internal work item for the issue.

Finally, 1Password only allows you to type two digits of a year, making it VERY hard to input a year in the 2000s, as it defaults to the 1900s.

You should be able to type in all four digits of a year like 2024. What happens when you try to do so? Are some digits not accepted?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28051

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

You should be able to type in all four digits of a year like 2024. What happens when you try to do so? Are some digits not accepted?

Yeah, when editing an item (it works fine when creating the date), it keeps forcing input to 19xx. Here's a recording of me editing a brand new Passport item.
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ygy0nvjyyu0547a5hxucw/Screen-Recording-2024-10-16-at-06.43.01.mov?rlkey=mffkn4i9o3fiozwvle8ct4ug4&st=zq8c3vy1&dl=0

• @kop48

Thank you for the reply. I can see how the editing of the date is a little unstable here and I'll get an issue filed with the team to look into improving this in the future. In the meantime, try the following steps:

1. Edit the item.
    2. Click once on the year field to select it.
    3. Don't try to change the 19* to 20*, instead just type 2019 in one shot.
    4. Save the item.

Does that work better?

-Dave

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

It kind of works, I have to win a weird race, but it eventually allows me to type the right date.

• Dave_1P
    edited October 17

@kop48

I've filed an issue to have our development team to have them look into this further. For the time being, clicking on the year and then entering the new year all in one go is what I would recommend. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#33408