Feature Request: Auto-Copy 2FA Code after using Passcode

telephoneman2
telephoneman2
Community Member
edited October 12 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey guys, I have an annoying usability issue. I have added a passkey to my Paypal account. But sadly the use of Passkey doesn't skip the need to enter OATH Code which is also enabled in Paypal. It would be really handy if 1Password would automatically copy the OATH Code to the clipboard, that I can simple paste it without need to switch 1PW app. (or Autofill of OATH after use of Passkey (if possible). I have no Idea why Paypal made it in that way, I think it's somehow too much security - but it is what it is. But I won't disable the OATH as Paypal still allows User/Password authentication.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member

Sorry, wrong title - I meant "Passkey" - "Feature Request: Auto-Copy 2FA Code after using Passkey"

• Hello, @telephoneman2. Thank you for writing in.

When using a passkey to sign in, the one-time password will not autofill because a "fill session" wasn't started. Passkeys are separate from autofill as they use a public-private key pair for authentication. Rather than filling credentials into a form and creating a fill session, when you sign in with a passkey, the website or app will issue a challenge to check that you have the private key that belongs to the pair.

While I can't make any promises, I've shared your feedback with our product team so that when you use a passkey to sign in, the one-time password is copied to your clipboard.

Furthermore, if you're interested, I just wanted to mention that you should be able to turn off two-factor authentication on your PayPal account and only use a passkey.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Evon

ref:43422586

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member

Hello @EvonG1P thanks - What you mean disable 2factor? Will that disable Password login at PayPal aswell?

• @telephoneman2,

Yes, you are correct. Signing in to PayPal results in a passwordless experience if you turn off two-factor authentication and only use a passkey.

-Evon