Username saving issue

I've encountered a repeatable issue where if I am only updating a password on a website, and I am being prompted to save a "new item" where it is prompting me with a new username suggestion - in this case one that is incorrect i.e. my email address and not my actual site username that I've logged in with. Then when I choose update existing it is choosing the new incorrect username and saving it. When it first happened I didn't catch it, but after seeing what happened and testing again, I can see when I "edit" what will be saved the new username is indeed prompted to overwrite the previous username. There is no way to fix this unless I manually type the old username over the new one. There need to be an easier way to 1 - see that the username is prompted to update as well if I choose update existing, and 2 - choose the existing username, since the "guess" was not correct.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 8.10.46.26
OS Version: 15.0.1 (24A348)
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• EvonG1P
    edited October 15

Hello, @tallkokomoose. Thank you for reaching out. Welcome to the 1Password community forums! I'm sorry about the issue you're encountering.

May I ask if you can reproduce the issue on all websites or a specific website? If it's a specific one, can you share the website URL so I can test it out?

-Evon

• tallkokomoose
    tallkokomoose
    Community Member

Hi @EvonG1P. Thanks for the response. it's happening on my gym website https://onelife.motionvibe.com/. I tried a few others where my username is not my email address and I'm not seeing it happen. Of note, I do not have any other account entries. If you cannot access the site then I can provide a short video if it helps. In the meantime I'm attaching an image (email address partially redacted) that shows what happens when I click Edit to show everything being updated. Of note the only update should be the password.

• @tallkokomoose,

Thank you for getting back to me. It looks like 1Password in the browser may be mistaken when updating your username because the change password page requests your email address to update the password instead.

Since I cannot create a test account for this website, I request that you send me a collected page structure to support+forum@1Password.com. With your email, please include the following:

1. Navigate to the page exhibiting the behaviour.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select Help > Collect Page Structure.
    3. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    4. Attach the file to your email.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here, and I will be able to locate your message and ensure it has reached the right place. Thank you!

-Evon