Issues when saving new login (Content blockers)

paul_wilky
paul_wilky
Community Member
edited October 13 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there,

I am beginning to get frustrated when I try to save a new login/password when registering for a new website.

After entering my username/email address and password, I get the save new login pop-up on the top right-hand side. When I click save, it doesn't save. Nothing happens.

I then click on "reload without content blockers" which reloads the webpage and then I have to go through the process of entering a username/email address and password again. I then can then save my new login details in 1Password.

This is happening all the time now (I don't think it used to), and it's frustrating, especially when I've had to enter a whole range of other personal information (in addition to my username/email address and password), which can take time.....

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I am using Safari Version 17.6.

1Password Version: 8.10.46
Extension Version: 8.10.46.34
OS Version: macOS 12.7.6
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @paul_wilky! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when saving a login in Safari. It sounds like one of your other extensions might be conflicting with 1Password in Safari.

Can you tell me what content blockers and other extensions you use? And, if you disable those content blockers and extensions, do you still see the issue?

-Dave

• paul_wilky
    paul_wilky
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P, thanks for the reply.

I have the following extensions installed:

1. 1Blocker
    2. 1Password for Safari 👋👋👋
    3. Anybox
    4. Hush
    5. Noir
    6. Tabs to Links

I suspect it will be either 1Blocker or Hush......I'll check and let you know. Thanks

• @paul_wilky

Thank you. If you're able to reproduce the issue even with the content blockers turned off then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from 1Password in your browser:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (browser extension)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/148643/issues-when-saving-new-login-content-blockers
    • Your forum username: paul_wilky

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

-Dave