Autofill suggestion not visible for username because covered by MacOS suggestion from Contacts

ruud3822
ruud3822
Community Member
edited October 15 in 1Password in the Browser

The autofill suggestion from 1Password is not visible for the username field because it is covered by the autofill suggestion given by MacOS from Contacts, i.e. my e-mailaddress.
When I select the password field, it does correctly show the 1Password autofill suggestion(s), because there are no suggestions from the MacOS system.
Is there a solution for this? I prefer not to turn off the autofill option in MacOS because I use it for all other field-types

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.46 (81046026)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 15.0.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @ruud3822! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. The recommended path here would be to turn off the built-in filling options in Safari and save your address and other information in 1Password:

So that I can better understand that situation, and see if there is any other advice that I can provide, can you post a link to the webpage in question?

-Dave

• ruud3822
    ruud3822
    Community Member

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realise that the 1Password app could take over the autofill of the data in the contacts in MacOS. Looks like it works now that I have turned off the built-in filling options.

So I guess there's no need to post a link anymore.

Thanks again for your help!

Ruud Kalberg

• Dave_1P
    edited October 16

I'm glad that you were able to get things to a happy state. 🙂

-Dave