how to pause 1password

Tomfiii
Tomfiii
Community Member
edited October 15 in 1Password in the Browser

how do i pause 1Password as it is blocking my stay signed in check box, or what else can be done to stop it from signing in until I have checked stay signed in box?

1Password Version: Windows 8.10.46
Extension Version: 8.10.46.26
OS Version: windows
Browser: firefox

Comments

• Hi there @Tomfiii

You can click the three-dot menu on an item in the 1Password pop-up menu in your browser, then choose "Don't sign in automatically", like this:

That'll then stop 1Password from submitting the form automatically when you autofill that item. :)

— Grey

• Tomfiii
    Tomfiii
    Community Member

I do not have autofill option and don't have the "don't sign in automatically" option nor do I have the pop-up menu in browser.

• Dave_1P
    edited October 15

@Tomfiii

Thanks for the reply. You might not have pinned 1Password to the toolbar in Firefox, you can find the pop-up menu here:

This guide will help you pin 1Password to the toolbar: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar

-Dave

• Tomfiii
    Tomfiii
    Community Member

Will see what happens.

• @Tomfiii

Once you pin the 1Password icon to your browser's toolbar, make sure to follow the steps in Grey's previous post: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/719523/#Comment_719523

If you run into an issue or see the problem occur again then let me know.

-Dave

• Tomfiii
    Tomfiii
    Community Member

This ends up working, but individually.

• @Tomfiii

The steps that Grey shared are indeed something that you would need to do for each individual website where you don't want 1Password to automatically submit your login credentials. This allows 1Password to still autosubmit your logins for other sites where you're not running into issues.

If you'd like to turn off autosubmit for every website then you can follow these steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Click Autofill & save.
    4. Turn off "Sign in automatically after autofill".

I hope that helps.

-Dave