8.10.48 browser extension available for Chrome but not Firefox or Safari?

I just updated the macOS 1P app to 8.10.48 and the Chrome extension to 8.10.48.25. However, the latest extension for Firefox still appears to be 8.10.46.26 -- same for the 1Password for Safari app. I thought these releases were supposed to be in lockstep now?

1Password Version: 8.10.48
Extension Version: 8.10.46.26
OS Version: macOS 15.0.1
Browser: Firefox and Safari

Comments

• Hello @BLD! 👋

Thanks for the question! The submission and review process for each browser's web store is different and you might see versions make it to certain browsers faster than others.

8.10.46 is currently the latest version of 1Password for Firefox and Safari. Hopefully a new version makes it through the review process soon. 🙂

-Dave

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    edited October 16

I thought I had seen an earlier announcement/post that all 1P releases would have matching version numbers and be released together. It's confusing to see the main app to version X.Y.Z+∆ but have a browser extension lag behind at X.Y.Z.

To further add to the confusion, when one navigates to the release notes through the older browser extension, say 8.10.46.26 in Firefox currently, it leads to [changelog] (https://releases.1password.com/b5x/stable/#changelog) which says 8.10.48 is the latest. Where is the changelog specific to that browser's extension?

• @BLD

I thought I had seen an earlier announcement/post that all 1P releases would have matching version numbers and be released together.

We submit updates to all of the extension and app stores at the same time at which point the update has to go through every store's review process. The review process differs between the stores which is why you might see an update for 1Password for Chrome be made available faster than for Firefox or vice versa. 1Password can't control how long the review process for each extension store will take.

To further add to the confusion, when one navigates to the release notes through the older browser extension, say 8.10.46.26 in Firefox currently, it leads to [changelog] (https://releases.1password.com/b5x/stable/#changelog) which says 8.10.48 is the latest. Where is the changelog specific to that browser's extension?

You can scroll down and find the release notes for the version that you're running if the latest update hasn't yet made it to the browser that you're using. That being said, I can see how this can be confusing and I've filed feedback with the team to let them know that you'd like to see each version link to its own specific release notes rather than the general release notes page. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-43448504

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

While it makes sense that you can't control when Apple or Mozilla publish your updates, it would be helpful if your release notes web page had some indication of which release was the latest published for a particular platform. And even a note on that page explaining what you just wrote above, i.e., that X.Y.Z has been pushed but may not be published yet for platform Whatever. That would have prevented this confusion.

• Thank you for the feedback, I've shared it with the team. 🙂

-Dave

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

Given that 8.10.48 was released on October 14, and neither the Firefox extension nor the Safari helper app show those updates yet as of this writing, can you shed any light on how long Mozilla and Apple typically take to publish your updates?

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

@Dave_1P A week later and still no 8.10.48 updates for Firefox or Safari. Are you sure these have been pushed by your developers? Does it really take this long for Mozilla and Apple to accept and publish updates?