1Password stealing focus and support email issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password "stealing" focused Window in macOS?.

Comments

• chthonictribulation
    chthonictribulation
    Community Member
    edited October 1

I just noticed this has been happening to me as well, about every 27 seconds, the 1Password app steals focus from another window I'm typing on, it doesn't matter if it's a browser or TextEdit.

I typically hide the 1Password window (Cmd+H) but today that no longer works as it has been popping up repeatedly.

It is especially pervasive when the "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" option is selected. I usually have this option turned off, but after it got updated today I noticed my settings got cleared, turning it back one on. When it is on, the main window will reopen itself even after closing it (Cmd+W).

I'm no macOS Sequoia 15.0
    1Password 8.10.46
    Browser: Arc
    No browser extensions.

• chthonictribulation
    chthonictribulation
    Community Member
    edited October 9

I sent an email with the diagnostics attached. I haven't gotten an automated reply with the Support ID number, though.

• @chthonictribulation

I don't see a support ticket from the email address that you're using the forum. Did you use a different email address? Let me know if you've now received an auto-reply with the Support ID.

-Dave

• chthonictribulation
    chthonictribulation
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P I used iCloud's hide my email feature to create this profile, and the email was sent from my real address. Is there a way it can be found since I specified my username in the message body?

• @chthonictribulation

I'm not seeing an email, have you received a reply from one of my colleagues yet? If you haven't then can you double-check that you sent the email to support+forum@1Password.com?

-Dave

• chthonictribulation
    chthonictribulation
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P - I don't see a reply from your colleagues and I've confirmed the email was sent to support+forum@1Password.com

Is there another way I can send you the file? Do you have a public GPG key I can encrypt it with?

• chthonictribulation
    chthonictribulation
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P - I changed the email in my account to match the one used to send the diagnostics and sent that email again on Friday. I didn't get an automated response still, though.

• @chthonictribulation

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not seeing the email on my end, can you check to make sure that the email isn't stuck in your email service's Outbox?

If it isn't then can you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and just include your name (chthonictribulation) without attaching a diagnostics report.

-Dave

• chthonictribulation
    chthonictribulation
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P I don't think it's stuck in the outbox, because I see it in the sent mail section. My theory is this support forum doesn't work well with iCloud's Hide my Email feature.

I've sent an email again without attachment, but I also don't want to distract the main topic of this discussion. I'm happy to open a separate issue about how 1Password community interacts with iCloud.

Is there another way I can send the diagnostics file? If you have a public GPG key I can use it to attach it here.

Thanks

• Hey @chthonictribulation

I see you're having trouble sending messages. In my experience (personally affected), this is not the forum or our receiving software. I'd invite you to search Google for Apple iCloud silently filtering emails. You should have multiple hits. This filtering can include zip files in my experience and as documented by others in the hits you'll likely receive.

As I alluded to above, in years past, before I became an employee, I, too, had trouble sending in diagnostic reports. The team could send outbound emails to me with no problem. I would offer to look for the thread, but it's likely lost to time and would not further your situation.

Back then, I was never able to include my report. Once I removed my report, I could converse with the team. Your mileage may vary here. I ended up using a free email like Google to send the report. Proton is another widely used email by our user base.

Sometime as the years passed, the situation resolved itself. I don't recall taking any specific action. It just spontaneously changed. I can now freely send diagnostics as needed. The trouble was so pronounced at that time that I instantly recalled it when Dave asked me for my input.

Another thought is to try sending the email to support@1password.com and leave off the +forum section. I know this is not much help. From everything I've seen, this is an Apple thing and is not related to 1Password. That said, we may never know if it arrives even dropping the +forum portion. For the biggest improvement and to get your report to us I would consider going with another provider just as I did. In time, your situation may also improve, just as mine did.

I'm sorry you've found yourself affected by this. By all accounts, this may be related to iCloud email.

If you try another program I recommend first trying to submit using the support+forum@1password.com first.

• chthonictribulation
    chthonictribulation
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy thank you for the detailed information. I tried sending myself an email via Hide my Email and was able to reproduce the issue when using a +label alias. After that, I sent the email again to support@1password.com without the +forum like you suggested and I got a response.

The support ticket id I got is: XFI-17758-768

Thanks again!

• chthonictribulation
    chthonictribulation
    Community Member
    edited October 17

Hi @Dave_1P I was able to send the email now, the support ticket ID I got is XFI-17758-768

• @chthonictribulation

I'm glad that you received the auto-response, thank you for posting the Support ID. I confirm that the team has received your diagnostics report and one of my colleagues will send you a reply via email soon.

To prevent duplication of efforts, I'll close this thread.

-Dave

ref: XFI-17758-768

This discussion has been closed.