1P Safari Extension does not automatically unlock with app

This minor bug has been annoying me for some time. I use multiple browsers under macOS: Chrome, Firefox and Safari. I have the browser extensions installed on the former two and the helper app with the latter. I use the main app to lock and unlock 1P.

I see that the integration is active and "green" in all three browsers.

When I lock or unlock 1P with the main app, I see the browsers extensions in Chrome and Firefox immediately match state (visible via the 1P menubar icon in those browsers) as expected.

When I lock 1P with the main app, after a brief delay, I see the 1P Safari extension also lock, as expected.

However, when I unlock 1P with the main app, the 1P Safari extension remains in the locked state until I manually click on the menubar icon. It does not require me to actually type in my master password again -- but it is an extra step I have to go through to get auto-fill in Safari to start working. Clicking ⌘\ also unlocks the 1P Safari extension.

1Password Version: 8.10.48
Extension Version: 8.10.46.34
OS Version: macOS 15.0.1
Browser: Safari 18.0.1 (20619.1.26.31.7)

Comments

• Hello @BLD! 👋

Thank you for the reporting the issue. I can reproduce the same behaviour on my end and our developers already have an internal work item open to investigate this further and develop a fix. I've added your report to that internal work item.

Hopefully this can be fixed in a future update soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#33319