What happened to autologin?

gveres
gveres
Community Member
edited October 17 in 1Password in the Browser

I have been using 1Password for years, but I have noticed that one really great feature seems to have gone away.

I use 1Password as my short cut manager for websites. On windows, I hit Ctrl-Shift-space to bring up 1password. I type a few characters for the site I want to go to and hit enter to bring up that site.

Back in the day, this used to bring up the site, autofill the information and automatically submit on the login page so that it would take me directly to the logged in site.

Now all it does is open up the sign in page and if there are multiple entries for that site, it pops open the list of credentials. If there is only one credential for the site, it does nothing, it just sits there on the login page.

I can't see any setting that affects this. The closest seems to be under Auto-type, there is a submit automatically with auto-type and that is enabled. (I don't know what auto-type is)

1Password Version: 8.10.46
Extension Version: 8.10.46.26
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello, @gveres. Thank you for reaching out.

We've recently released the Auto-type feature to the 1Password for Windows app to fill logins into desktop apps, terminals and webpages. Auto-type for Windows automatically inputs the username and password for single-page login forms and even copies your 2FA to your clipboard to paste if required by the service you are signing into. Here's more information: Use Auto-Type in apps and browsers on your Windows PC.

If you'd like to revert to the Open in browser behaviour, uncheck the Show auto-type action in Quick Access under the General settings for the 1Password desktop app. If you prefer to leave Auto-type checked and continue using Open in browser, use the Alt + Enter keyboard shortcut on your Login item to open it in the browser.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Evon

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member

Hi @EvonG1P

Thanks for explaining the auto-type. I fear that I threw you off the real issue by mentioning Auto-type.

My setting for using auto-type is turned off. My default action when I bring up the Quick Access is to open in browser.

My issue is that when I do this, 1Password does not fill in the user name and password fields, nor does it automatically submit the login form. It used to - maybe years ago?? But it does not now.

I miss that feature. It is much less helpful now. It brings up the correct webpage, but it just doesn't take the next step of automatically filling in the credentials that I selected in Quick Access.

• @gveres,

Thank you for your reply. I've done some testing on my end but haven't been able to reproduce the same behaviour.

So that I can take a closer look at the issue you are experiencing, I would like to request that you send us some information to support+forum@1Password.com. With your email, please include the following:

1. First, please recreate the issue you are experiencing.
    2. Generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app and the 1Password extension using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report
    3. Attach both files to your email.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here, and I will be able to locate your message and ensure it has reached the right place. Thank you!

-Evon

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member

will do.

• Thank you! The team will keep an eye out for your email. 🙂

-Dave