Not seeing the "automatic 1P website login" indicated in latest BLOG post.

mtoboll
mtoboll
Community Member
edited October 18 in 1Password in the Browser

The latest BLOG post says right up front:

"If you’re already signed into the 1Password browser extension and you visit 1Password.com, you’ll be automatically logged in, saving you from typing in your account password again."

There's even a little video there showing if you do this, it gives a pop-up dialog saying something like "We automatically logged you in because your browser extension is already unlocked"

But I've got the browser extension in EDGE (8.10.48.25) and if I have my extension unlocked and then open 1password.com, it still gives me the old login page where I need to enter my email, password and secret key. Is it required to still enter those 3 things once on first try to get it to work from then on?

I haven't tried that yet, since I guess I thought this "new feature" was supposed to bypass that if the Browser Extension was already logged in, but not seeing that.

Am I misunderstanding the BLOG post, or is there some other pre-requisite needed to make that happen? I do not run the desktop app, just the browser extension.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 8.10.48.25
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: EDGE

Comments

• Hello @mtoboll! 👋

Thanks for checking out the blog! The team plans to iterate the new enhanced sign in process over time. For the time being, try the following:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    3. Click your name in the upper right corner of the page and then click Sign out.
    4. Refresh the page.

You should now be signed back in as long as 1Password in the browser is unlocked and you're using the same account you added to 1Password.com. Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave