"Save Login" not working

bradlanphear
bradlanphear
Community Member
edited October 21 in 1Password in the Browser

I use 1Password on Mac, Windows and iOS, and have recently been seeing the same issue across platforms. Well, for sure on Safari on macOS and iPadOS.

When I create a new login to a website, or modify a password for an existing website, I get a pop-up from 1Password offering to save the login. There is a Save button at the bottom, it says "Update" but no matter how much I click it, nothing happens, and nothing is saved. There is an Edit button near the top of the dialog that if clicked, ends up CLOSING the popup. Whatever I do, the newly generated password (generated by 1Password) does NOT get saved.

What ends up happening is that I have to go back to that site, tell them I FORGOT my password, do a password reset, and use the 1Password standalone app to create a login site, create a new password for that site (second password in just minutes), and then paste it into the web form to do the password reset.

I am running 1Password for Safari

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited October 21

Hello @bradlanphear! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to save or edit passwords using 1Password for Safari. So that I can investigate further, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the issue again and create a diagnostics report from 1Password in your browser:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (browser extension)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/148719/save-login-not-working
    • Your forum username: bradlanphear

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

-Dave