1Password menu icon in text fields

Is there any way to prevent the behaviour shown in this screenshot?

Basically the 1Password quick menu is showing up in non-password fields (usually a simple text input component). I've tried turning off all the options that seem to related to this, but it still appears, obscuring input. My searches so far seem to indicate that the only guaranteed fix is turning off "Offer to save and fill passwords", which can't be true because that's ostensibly the raison d'être of the whole product.

So how do I get rid of this quick menu icon in non-password fields?

1Password Version: 8.10.48
Extension Version: 8.10.46.26
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello @DrLabRat! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password's filling menu is getting in the way of that specific page. You can turn off 1Password for that website, until the next time that you restart your browser, by right-clicking on the page and then selecting 1Password - Password Manager > Hide on this page.

So that we can get this fixed permanently, could you please send the page structure of the webpage in question to our support team? Follow these steps:

1. Open the website in question until you can see the field that you're referring to.
    2. Right-click on the page and click "1Password - Password Manager" > Help > Collect Page Structure.

Attach the resulting JSON file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• DrLabRat
    DrLabRat
    Community Member

Hi Dave,

It's a standard Salesforce page, but it happens on a lot of pages in Firefox. Blocking access to Salesforce isn't really a winning solution for me, as I have a lot of sandboxes with individual login requirements managed in 1P.

I've sent the info over. If I can find a public page where I get the same issue I'll send that too, probably easier for you all to debug something you can see directly.

Thanks!

• DrLabRat
    DrLabRat
    Community Member

Here's an occurrence on a more public page (or one that's easier to get to with a simple account at least).

URL: https://www.librarything.com/addbooks

It's interesting that it just happens on the Tags text box and not the others. I'm guessing something about how certain text fields are defined is at work. Possibly an attribute that you all are using to define a potential target field is the commonality.