"Signs in with" options allow for any login item(s)

ksroberts99
ksroberts99
Community Member
edited October 21 in 1Password in the Browser

When manually adding a "Signs in with..." option to a login, any other login item should be an eligible option.

Currently, "Signs in with..." only works with specific logins (Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) because the Chrome extension will use that to display a prompt to sign in automatically. This automatic functionality really isn't that useful, as the website you are trying to log in on will also have a button to do the exact same thing.

What is useful however, is the visual reminder via the prompt itself. I am signing in somewhere with multiple "Sign in with" options to choose from, and I want to quickly be reminded of which option I chose when I signed up.

My idea is that the extension has a similar prompt to what currently exists. But the actions I can take in that prompt/notification are just clicking the associated logins (the one for the current website or the "Signs in with" website) to open them in the extension. With no need for automatic login support, the "Signs in with" can now be any login item(s) I want displayed there.

If people really care a lot about the automatic login portion of "Signs in with", it could still be kept only for logins that support it, otherwise the action doesn't show up in the notification. However, I would assume it is difficult for the developers to program this automatic login, and they will keep getting requests to add more and more options to it. I think it would be a much better experience for both developers and users, if users were to utilize what already exists on whatever given sign in page rather that relying on 1Password to maybe successfully perform the same action.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided