sync from 1pass on mac to iphone 5s?

Options
toddchism
toddchism
Community Member

I have 3.8.21 (build 32009) on mac and new 1pass4 on iphone 5s. trying to sync and transfer logins to my new 5s. I've tried through icloud, wifi and drop box to no avail. Little help? I've started, re-downloaded and followed every recommendation you have in troubleshooting and help topics.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @toddchism,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles getting your data from your Mac to your iPhone. In this case, Dropbox is your best option (as iCloud currently works only for syncing between iOS devices, and our Wi-Fi sync is currently being beta-tested for 1Password 4 for Mac, and is not available for 1Password 3 for Mac).

So, what we want to do first is ensure that you are set up on your Mac. Please go to 1Password > Preferences > General and make sure that your data file location is in Dropbox. (Please note: Dropbox will need to be installed and running on both your computer and your iOS device for this to work!) Once we confirm that your database is indeed in Dropbox, we'll need to let 1Password 4 for iOS know this.

The easiest way to do this (if you don't currently have data stored in the app) is to reinstall 1Password 4 for iOS:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password 4 icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password 4, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've used 1Password before" and sync via Dropbox.

This should get you all set up. If you run into any snags, please let me know where in the process things are going wonky for you, and we'll work from there :)

• toddchism
    toddchism
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That worked!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Whoo hoo, @toddchism,

So glad to hear that you're all sorted! We're here if you need anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.