Item Icons - just far too large!

Options
jebr
jebr
Community Member

Just a quick view from a long time user.

I think the item icons are just way too big. I would prefer them to be the same as the category icons. I have a 30" display and only 25ish are able to be shown. Could the users not be given a "small / large" view setting?

Comments

• Hi @jebr,

Do you mean in the item list view or do you mean the item's detail view? We've gotten more requests that the sidebar icons are too small and they'd like it to match the item list view instead.

We'll see what we can do about providing interface/accessibility options for those icons.

Thanks for the feedback!

• phill
    phill
    Community Member
    Options

For me it's also the headings in the list view that are way too large and heavy, especially on a smaller screen; would be great to have an option of a more compact list view.

• crahan
    crahan
    Community Member
    Options

I agree. On a Macbook Air 11" the icons in the item list view tale up quite a bit of space, An option to switch to a view with smaller icons would be nice!

• jebr
    jebr
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT - I meant the middle column (list of items A..B..).
    I think the side bar on the left (Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards) etc. are ok.

I use 1Password on a laptop, 15" monitor mac mini and 30" screen - I don't think it fits any of them well! To me it looks as though someone has used a zoom viewer - most of the icons look jaggy (I'm guessing because they are just favicons blown up).

I guess people all have different views but it would be good to be able to choose.

• Rockyroad
    Rockyroad
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it would be nice to be able to make the icons and text in the items list the same size as the sidebar

• velgor
    velgor
    Community Member
    Options

I agree, the font and icons are way too large in the list view.

• jdmatlock
    jdmatlock
    Community Member
    Options

Please bring back the compact view -- the sidebar is fine, it's the actual item list that's WAY too big. I really miss the different layouts -- the list above the item display was ideal on smaller screens. I was quite dismayed to discover there's absolutely no way to customize the view or display anymore, except the sort order. :(

• jdmatlock
    jdmatlock
    Community Member
    Options

(Remember a good majority of us don't have Retina displays -- there are still a lot of us on 1920x1080 monitors hooked to our notebooks and Mac Mini's)

• theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    Options

agree, a design for a smaller list (smaller fonts and icons) would be great!

• aal
    aal
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for a compact view option to see more information overall. Thanks.

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member
    Options

+1. There is no need for the item name font in column 2 to be larger than all the other text.

I understand there is a desire to distinguish the item names from the second line (user names.) But item names are already distinguished from the user names in 2 other ways -- it is bold, and it is darker.

Making the font size consistent would allow a longer list of items to appear.

• khb54321
    khb54321
    Community Member
    Options

I completely agree. I just moved from 1P3 to 1P4, and the list of items looks clownish. On my laptop monitor, the list is really short now because the clowns take over the screen.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi all,

Thanks so much for adding your feedback here! Clearly this is a popular subject. I have passed your thoughts along to our developers. As Mike said above, we will look into the issue and see if we can't improve it in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.