1Password Helper Crashing on Both My Macs

Options
VirgilBoy
VirgilBoy
Community Member

1Password 4 is unusable on both my Macs. Ever time I unlock 1PW, the helper crashes and I can get nowhere with the application.

My Macs are running 10.8.5 Supplemental Update. I can only get at my passwords with the iPad app.

If there is not a quick fix to this, I need to know if it is safe to restore 1PW 3 via Time Machine.

Comments

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

This is the error. Essentially "Database error. Failed to write encryption keys file.....Users/john/dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys"

Anybody else had to deal with this? The actual 1PW file in DropBox is fine, I assume, since 1PW on iPad and iPhone works normally.

• Hi @VirgilBoy,

I'm sorry about the problems you're having now with 1Password 4. The fact that it crashed on both Macs, suggests there's something strange in your data file inside the Dropbox folder, causing it to crash.

Can you tell me if your Dropbox folder is located on the main drive and if it is called "Dropbox" with the capital letter D, not "dropbox"?

Can you open the main 1Password app, do not unlock yet, and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync. Does it say it is using Dropbox and pointing to ~/dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain?

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike - Yes...Dropbox with capital D is in my user folder on the main drive. Yes to the second question. And I have tried a pre-1PW4 keychain file, but still the same problem.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

If you were to email me directly, I can send you screen caps. I have also sent a couple emails to support with no response, unfortunately...

• Sardar Heshmati
    Sardar Heshmati
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue, did you find a solution?

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Sardar - I posted my fix in this thread.. http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/87401#Comment_87401

John

• Sardar Heshmati
    Sardar Heshmati
    Community Member
    Options

That worked for me, thank you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followups, guys!

This discussion has been closed.