Login Popup

raffo77
raffo77
Community Member

Is possible to have the popup not appearing from the icon of 1passwd mini, biut from the icon of the button inside the safari toolbar (as it was in 1passwd3)?

Comments

• frog
    frog
    Community Member

Yeah this is kind of weird with multiple monitors. With the menu bar on one monitor, the browser on the other, it's a bit awkward/confusing.

Even worse would be having one display on a projector, if that's set up with your menu bar...

• raffo77
    raffo77
    Community Member

I have just one monitor.

• sandman4sure
    sandman4sure
    Community Member

I have disabled the menu bar icon and then the window is show in the middle of the screen

• raffo77
    raffo77
    Community Member

ok, tks.

No possibility to have the menu bar and let appear the popup from toolbar?

• dqdqdqdq
    dqdqdqdq
    Community Member

A similar issue. I have two monitors and am using Chrome V30. I disabled 1Password mini so that the login menu would popup in the browser window, but if the browser is in the non-OS X menubar window, the login popup appears all by itself on the other monitor. Dragging the mouse across multiple monitors is why I disabled the mini app in the first place. This same behavior occurs in Safari.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hello there!

We're aware of the issues you've mentioned and are still working on improvements.

@raffo77 asked:

No possibility to have the menu bar and let appear the popup from toolbar?

With 1P mini's menubar icon enabled, the normal usage cases and results are:

• Clicking the extension's toolbar icon opens its window under the icon.
    • Using a keyboard shortcut opens the mini/extension window near the menubar.
    • Selecting 1Password from the browser context menu opens the mini/extension window with the left corner at the current cursor location.

@MikeT wrote:

When using the keyboard shortcuts, the menu will show up on the menu bar because right now, it is not possible to determine where the 1Password button is in your browsers, the browsers can't tell us in the extension to pass on to the mini.

We're working on finding a way to make this possible via a complicated method but it's going to take some time.

I hope that information is helpful.

• Hi guys,

Not yet. This is something we plan to improve in future updates. The reason it's difficult to do right now is because 1Password mini and the browser extension are two separate processes, the extension being a part of the browser itself. When you do "Command + \", it is the 1Password mini that picks up the keyboard shortcut in the background and it doesn't know in advance where your button is, only what your front window is.

With 1Password mini hidden from the menu bar, 1Password mini halves the distance of both the width and height of your screen and it shows up in the middle of the screen.

If you click on the 1Password button, it'll work properly and the same is true if you right click on the site's page to select 1Password. The click gives 1Password the detail it needs to put the mini next to it.

We have some cool ideas to try to fix this to make sure the 1Password mini can show up next to the 1Password button, like taking a screenshot in memory and locate the icon on it, playing the Find Waldo game.

• dustinwilson
    dustinwilson
    Community Member

What about multiple monitors like mentioned before? Everything is showing up where I'd expect it except on the wrong monitor. The browser is on one monitor while the login popup shows up on the other.

• Hi @dustinwilson,

We thought we fixed it but it's back. We're working on improving that soon. I've added it to Known Issues under 1Password mini.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Is the 1P mini window always displaying on the same display with the main menubar, @dustinwilson, regardless of which display your browser is using?

• dustinwilson
    dustinwilson
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

Sorry about the late reply. Yes. Say, Opera and/or Chrome is on the second screen. If I click on the 1Password button the mini window shows up on the 1st screen horizontally all the way to the right and level vertically with where the window is at on the second screen.

• Technodad
    Technodad
    Community Member

+1 on the request to fix two-screen operation - this will become critical with Mavericks multi-screen support. At least, assign the Cmd-\ abbreviation to the Safari plugin rather than Mini.

I filed a help request with Agilebits:

I really like using the Cmd-\ abbreviation to open the Safari plugin to submit passwords. I generally have multiple Safari windows open on multiple monitors. Prior to 1Password, this worked fine, as Cmd-\ opened the Safari plugin on the active Safari window. Since installing 1Password v4, Cmd-\ is opening 1Password Mini - which is on my smaller monitor, rather than opening the Safari plugin in the browser window I'm using. This is really disruptive to my workflow - more than one time I've hit Cmd-\ multiple times wondering why it wasn't working (and started cursing the new version), only to discover Mini was open on another screen.

Is there any way to get the original Cmd-\ behavior back, e.g., by hiding Mini? (I've already found you can't shut it off.) Pulling eyeball focus away from the working window to get a password is really intrusive and inefficient, and a smooth workflow has always been one of 1Password's best features for me.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional followup, guys. We're certainly aware of the reported issues/suggestions and still working on resolutions/improvements.

This discussion has been closed.