Where is the license file?

Options
kyouken
kyouken
Community Member

I purchased 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle on June 01, 2013。Now I upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac and I resend your License and receipt information by using the form on the website。I recieve the email,but I can not find the license file,only the register key。How could I register on my Mac?

Comments

• CocoaBob
    CocoaBob
    Community Member
    Options

The same question here!

In your "order complete" email, there's a description about "Register":

"On your Mac, you can download the license file and double click to open it in 1Password, or select 1Password > License… and click Add License to add the license file manually. On Windows, select Help > Enter License Key…, and enter the license key above."

But, where is the link to download the license file? I've checked my online account, the FAQ, your official blog and all the tutorials, nothing found!

IMHO, it must be a mistake. Please, kindly fix that ASAP, so that we can experience the new 1Password 4!

• kelpie
    kelpie
    Community Member
    Options

On the web page that appears after purchasing under your name it says 'License File: Download' - just click on download

• CocoaBob
    CocoaBob
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Here is a screenshot of that page, there's no "License File : Download".

Could you check if that's the same page as you mentioned?

• kyouken
    kyouken
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

I found the answer,http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/v3-transition.html
    “If you purchased 1Password 3 for Mac directly from us on our AgileBits store we will email you a new license key by October 15th, long before your trial will expire. Due to some issues on our webstore 1Password 4 is temporarily not available for download. We hope to make it available soon.”

• jwwolfe90
    jwwolfe90
    Community Member
    Options

I received an email with "License File: Download," but the link is dead.

• Xavier Michelon
    Xavier Michelon
    Community Member
    Options

There is a bug in the mail. copy the link and paste it in you browser adress bar, then add https://agilebits.com/ at the beginning.

• jwwolfe90
    jwwolfe90
    Community Member
    Options

Xavier, that worked, but I had to edit the url from the link. So, people can go to https://agilebits.com/licenses/ and so on. That worked and 4 is now registered for me.

• Xavier Michelon
    Xavier Michelon
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to hear it worked.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, guys. I'm a little late to this post, but I wanted to let you know we just pushed an update to our website that fixes the license file download links in the license emails.

• Peter B. Schaufuss
    Peter B. Schaufuss
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

I purchaed a mac+win upgrade but in my receipt it just says:

Register: On your Mac, you can click here to auto-register 1Password for Mac, or select 1Password > License… and paste the above information. On Windows, select Help > Enter License Key…, and enter the above key.

But where it says ... click here to auto-register ... there is no link, it's just plain text.

And, I can't copy/paste the info, because selecting "Add license" opens a file selector.

I've emailed support, but no answer so far :-(

• James Gibson
    James Gibson
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same situation as Peter when I view my email in a web client. When I view the email in Mail.app there is a link, but it seems malformed: "onepasswd://register/serial number listed here". I think its a Mac OS service request trying to call the application. Unfortunately when I click the link I get this error in a pop up: "Error No associated application could be found."

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

jxpx77 wrote:

Hi, guys. I'm a little late to this post, but I wanted to let you know we just pushed an update to our website that fixes the license file download links in the license emails.

The link in the e-mail I received yesterday still does not work, nor does copying out the URL and pasting it in a browser.

David

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

jwwolfe90 wrote:

Xavier, that worked, but I had to edit the url from the link. So, people can go to https://agilebits.com/licenses/ and so on. That worked and 4 is now registered for me.

At least with my setup, that URL results in a "Sorry, there is no page found at the address you requested" error message.

What finally worked for me was to go to https://agilebits.com/home/licenses and enter my e-mail address. The license was immediately sent to me.

David

P.S. Correction: I spoke too soon. The licenses that were mailed to me were only for previous 1Password versions I had purchased.

AgileBits, why are you making this so difficult for us?

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Update:

The link in the e-mail still doesn't work (Mail, OS X 10.8.5), but if open the e-mail in a browser, it does.

(For what it's worth, I also just now received an e-mail with the keys for the 1P 4 upgrade I purchased yesterday. Not sure how that got generated, though. I tried going to https://agilebits.com/home/licenses again but that still just sends me my previous 1P 2 and 3 licenses, not the new ones.)

• We did indeed have problems on Thursday and Friday sending license emails and in some cases the link within the email did not work. We are resending license emails to ensure that everyone will have a copy of their license. It will take a few hours before all are sent. I am sorry for the inconvenience we have caused, and hopefully the resent license emails will help.

• James Gibson
    James Gibson
    Community Member
    Options

Got mine and it works great! Thank you!

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Jeff, I did receive an email last night saying"1 Password 4 for Mac". It has my original Key #. Is there anything else I am required to do. Under Preferences and License it says I'm in Trial Mode with 28 days remaining. Please explain what is happening.

• Please check your email and see if it has a link called Download. We have a new license utility in 1Password 4 and the license itself is now a file. You can click on the Download link in the email which will download the license file. You can then open 1Password, navigate to the menu 1Password4->License... and then add that file to 1Password as your license.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

I just now clicked on Download and all I got was a blank page.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Jeff, thanks for your comments but as I said I all I get is a blank page. Please check my comment above, #18 and let me know if I am registered. I appreciate your time as you have a great product.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Your comment in #19 does not work, when I go to Preferences-License it says I'm in the Trial Mode, when I click on add license,
    it takes me to an inactive Finder. Obviously, f or many of us there is a problem . I apologize for the three individual comments but I keep thinking of items to be of assistance.

• Hi wefski, I am sorry this is continuing to cause you issues. When you click on the Download link in the email you should see two things happen. First, it will indeed take you to a blank page in the browser. (We will have to improve this for sure). However, at the same time it should download the license file itself into the Downloads folder on your Mac. Can you please check there to see if a .onepassword-license file has been downloaded.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

I did receive an email from AgileBits indicating my License, "1 Password 4 for Mac"
    with my Key # for the previous version. Does this indicate that that all is okay even though under Preferences-License it indicates I am in Trial Mode? Appreciate your help.

• If you are still seeing Trial Mode in Preferences->License then the license file has not been successfully applied. Please click on the link in your email next to "License File". It should now launch a web page to better explain the steps necessary to add your license to 1Password 4.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

I have done this several times and it does not work. Please help.

• Hi Wefski,

I'm going to send you a private message, please check for it now.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

Check for messages from me Mike, I have gone through the process twice, and still did work.

• wefski
    wefski
    Community Member
    Options

See updated message, above I meant to say still did not work. But check for most recent message.

• klute
    klute
    Community Member
    Options

" I wanted to let you know we just pushed an update
    to our website that fixes the license file download links
    in the license emails."

Not for me. I went to the licenses page, entered my email address and got the same email with the unclickable link in it. No license file attached, no apparent way to get it. In fact, the email is STILL wrong when it says "Click here, or select 1Password > License… and paste the above information." Selecting 1Password>License does not allow you to paste in anything: it results in the open/save disalog box asking me to show it the license file!

I emailed agilebits support the other day and received a form letter saying, " your message is very important to us and we will reply as soon as we can". Let's hope someone gets back to me before this demo expires in 28 days....

• Hi klute, I've responded directly to your support email. This should be the quickest way to understand what is working incorrectly and help you while fixing what we need to in order to get this working better for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.