1PasswordAnywhere

Options
cyclistguy2
cyclistguy2
Community Member

I'm experience a problem where 1PasswordAnywhere does not work. Upon clicking on the 1password.html file, I receive an error message in my browser (same in both Chrome and Safari): "Problem loading 1Password data file. A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it. Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips."

Any ideas?

Comments

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Options

This is a javascript security restriction in Chrome and Safari.

To load the 1Password Anywhere file, yo will have to go to https://www.dropbox.com/ and navigate to the 1Password Anywhere html file through the web site. You should then be able to load it without issue.

• cyclistguy2
    cyclistguy2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That answers it!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for helping @cyclistguy2 resolve this problem, @Fooligan.

• crossmarked
    crossmarked
    Community Member
    Options

I wish to access the 1P4 keychain from a flash drive. When I copy the keychain, open contents, click on the html file, I get the error about needing a file, etc. I can access 1P4 data in a browser pointed at dropbox, but I understood I could do the same with a flash drive. What am I doing wrong?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @crossmarked. Which browser(s) have you tried using 1PasswordAnywhere with from the Agile Keychain on your thumb drive? It looks like Safari, Chrome, and Firefox all have trouble with that, which is why @Fooligan mentioned accessing it through dropbox.com instead.

This discussion has been closed.