Smart Folder Issues

bobbd
bobbd
Community Member

Running the production build 4.0 (400200). Hope these haven't been mentioned before.

1) It seems that I can't create more than 3 smart folders. If I try and create a 4th, the 3rd gets overwritten.

2) I can't create an "Unfiled" smart folder using Folder is " " or folder does not exist. I have to pick a folder from the list.

3) In an attempt to overcome #2, I tried to create a smart folder where I had folder is not for every folder. As the list got longer, it does not scroll up and eventually I couldn't enter any more conditions because I couldn't see them. If I expand the window or maximize it, then I can fit more conditions, but again, when I reach the bottom of the window, that's it.

4) If I drag an entry from one folder to another, the view changes to listing all entries rather than staying in the folder where I was originally. For example, I have 499 items in my vault. If I go into my Unfiled smart folder and drag an entry into another folder, instead of staying in the Unfiled folder, the view is now of all items. It should stay where it was.

Thanks

Bob

Comments

• bobbd
    bobbd
    Community Member

One more issue.

5) I have two high level folders, Information and Private. Within each of those, among other folders, I have a folder named Miscellaneous. When I create conditions as in issue #3, no Miscellaneous folder appears under Private in the selection list. One might think that because it's the same name it shouldn't matter, but it does. Since I can't condition on it, My Unfiled smart folder has the entries in Private>Miscellaneous. The obvious workaround is to rename the folders, but it should have both entries in the list.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @bobbd. Thanks for reporting these issues.

1. It's a known issue that using File > New Smart Folder when an existing Smart Folder is selected in the sidebar will overwrite that SF when saving instead of creating a new one. Workaround is to first select something other than a SF in the sidebar.
    2. These Search Options work for me to create an Unfoldered Smart Folder:

3. I'll defer comment on that until testing. :)

4. Confirmed. It's another one of several cases where the item list displays all items until refreshed by other actions (e.g. changing Search Options or a sidebar selection). I'll file (or add to) a bug report for that.
    5. Confirmed. I'll file a bug report for that.

If you're still having trouble with #2 could you temporarily create the Demo vault and see if you can reproduce the issue in there?

Thanks again for the report!

This discussion has been closed.