Copy JSON is not working

Options
Niklas
Niklas
Community Member

Don't know what else to say. No messages in the console, it just doesn't seem to do anything.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Niklas.

Copy JSON and Copy UUID under the Item menu are both working for me after enabling them under Preferences > Advanced. Do you have a specific example of how it's not working? Are you using a clipboard manager that's configured to ignore 1P4? Thanks for any additional information that could help get this resolved.

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7561159/1Password-can-not-copy-as-JSON.mov

I have these apps running: BBEdit: QuickTime Player, 1Password, Moom, Dropbox, Flux, Safari, iTunes, AirMail, Adium, and Spotify. Nothing as far as I am concerned that have ever interfered in my ability to copy stuff though.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Niklas. Thanks for the video clip. Since it shows you're trying to paste into BBEdit the trouble might be this known issue:

• It may not be possible to paste into apps that use the older pasteboard (carbon) APIs. Popular apps include Microsoft Office, TrueCrypt and BBEdit/TextWrangler. Workaround: Try pasting into TextEdit first, copy it again and then paste into those apps.

I hope that helps resolve your problem!

• londan
    londan
    Community Member
    Options

Bit of a bummer this one. Is there any system-wide workaround as quite useful to be able to paste details into any app, not just the new ones.

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk Unfortunately, that doesn't work.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry about that, @Niklas. Are you using any clipboard manager like CopyPaste Pro, Alfred, LaunchBar, etc.?

There's no system-wide workaround we're aware of, @londan, like @MikeT mentioned:

Unfortunately, there's no way around it yet, we're working on finding a solution but for now, you have to paste into something else and then copy from there into the other apps.

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Alfred, but I don't have the Clipboard Powerpack installed (not the 1Password Powerpack either). I also have Dropbox, Moom, f.lux, iStat Pro installed running in the background.

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options
  • Hi @Niklas,

Your links doesn't work for me.

Beside copying the JSON, can you copy anything else, like the username/passwords from your items in 1Password 4?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Niklas. Have you been able to test what @MIkeT suggested?

Currently in the 4.0.4 beta there's possible resolution for general known issue:

• Improving clipboard interoperability with Carbon apps including BBEdit. Big thanks to Rich Siegel for helping us to find the solution.
  • Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to work as it should.

However, I suspect I have discovered a related bug:

1. Copy some text that contains non-UTF8 characters
    2. and paste into a secure note,
    3. later, copy that note as JSON.

The copied JSON doesn't validate properly.

This discussion has been closed.