Two issues: some usernames fill in blank; don't understand use of 1Password Mini versus br ext

bryanschmiedeler
bryanschmiedeler
Community Member

1Password has generally been very stable for me (used beta for quite awhile). But one issue keeps cropping up.

I have 2 entries for AA.com (the airline), one for my wife, one for me. The entries appear almost exactly the same except of course for the username and password. When I go to AA and hit the key combination to bring up the list of passwords, if I select my entry everything is filled in fine. If I pick my wife's, 1Password does NOT fill in my wife's username, but does fill in her password. When I check her 1Password entry, her username is there.

This happened from time to time during beta testing. I would delete the entry and re-enter it. But I am getting tired of doing that.

What is going on?

Second item is more of a question. I assume that 1Password Mini is in essence a browser extension for any browser you have? So then I can get rid of my browser extension?

Thanks,

Bryan

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I assume that 1Password Mini is in essence a browser extension for any browser you have? So then I can get rid of my browser extension?

I understand that browser extensions are still needed, they communicate between the browser and 1PW Mini. You need to manually remove the 1PW3 browser extensions and then install the 1PW4 ones.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @bryanschmiedeler.

What @danco briefly mentioned (thanks!) about 1P mini/extensions is essentially correct.

For uninstalling 1P3 extensions, see:

For installing 1P4 extensions, see the Install the Browser Extensions section in:

From the 1Password mini section of What's New in 1Password 4 for Mac?:

1Password mini is the ever-present menu bar companion to the main 1Password application. It enables the browser extensions to function and provides access to your 1Password data even when the main app and your web browsers aren’t running.

If that information doesn't answer your questions please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.