Does not show up in Spotlight

Options
travisp
travisp
Community Member

Moving this discussion from the beta forum because it happened to me in the release version downloaded from the Mac App Store (I never used a beta version). Basically, 1Password won't show up in spotlight (Cmd+Space), which is the usual way I launch applications.

Comments

• Hi @Travisp, I deleted your post from the beta one, since it doesn't need to be there.

We do not control how Spotlight works for 1Password.app, it is an issue with Spotlight if it cannot find it.

Two things you can try:

1. Reboot the Mac, see if it'll pick it up
    2. Reindex the applications folder as suggested here, where Evernote was also affected.
  • travisp
    travisp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, the latter solution did fix the problem. I'd never encountered this with any other app before and saw the multiple complaints in the beta forum so figured it was a 1Password issue. Glad I was able to fix it by getting Spotlight to reindex the folder, however. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us that reindexing /Applications fixed the problem, @travisp.

Spotlight has been relatively trouble free for me although after updating to Firefox 24.0 on one of my systems for whatever reason it took a couple days before it reappeared in Spotlight..

This discussion has been closed.