Will 1Password4 sync via WiFi to an old iPod touch?

Options
rlp
rlp
Community Member

I've been using WiFi to sync my Mac, running 1Password3, to my iPod touch (2nd generation) version 3.7.2 of 1Password. If I upgrade to 1Password4, will the WiFi sync still work with this old version on the iPod touch?

Comments

• Hi @rlp,

Unfortunately, no. 1Password 4 will require 1Password 4.3 for iOS, which means iOS 6 support at least. Your iPod touch won't support it.

You should stick with the 1Password 3.x series for your Mac and iOS devices until you can upgrade later.

• williw
    williw
    Community Member
    Options

We have a lot of devices < IOS-6
    ... this downward compatibility prevents me from using 1password 4
    Willi

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Not sure, if forcing users to buy (pay, pay, pay!) 1Password 4 on iOS, while 1Password 3 on iOS and WiFi-sync is working perfecty fine with iOS 6, is what I understand under customer oriented service.

Money first. Sad thing, this is.

• gwardwell
    gwardwell
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have any plans on enabling backwards compatibility with iOS apps? I have an first generation iPad (my only < iOS 6 device) that I need to sync with. If not, can I run 1Password 4 and its browser plugins as my primary 1Password app and keep 1Password 3 around solely for syncing with my iPad 1?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gwardwell,

Unfortunately, due in part to the fact that we are a small development team, we are unable to provide backwards compatibility. As Mike mentioned above, 1Password 3 will continue to sync via its established Wi-Fi sync system, so if you have devices that cannot upgrade to version 4, you can still keep synced up within version 3. Your solution of keeping 1Password 3 around on your Mac to provide syncing for your iPad one is a great solution!

If you run into any snags while getting that sorted out, let us know, we'd be more than happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.