W-Fi or iCloud sync

Options
johsny
johsny
Community Member

Ok, dropbox sync seems to be totally broken.

Is it safe to switch over to iCloud sync? When I first installed 4, it was set up to use iCloud automatically, and it messed up my whole database with old stuff sitting in iCloud. (I used dropbox in v3, but tried iCloud once) I had a lot of problems getting that fixed (I hope I didn't lose anything!) so now I am really scared to try again.

Alternatively I would like to try wifi sync, (Might be more reliable?) but the iPhone 1Password has no setting for wifi. I have V 4.2.7

Thanks~!

Comments

• johsny
    johsny
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, update. I see I need V4.3 How do I get that? I can't find it in the app store.

• Neocybersailor
    Neocybersailor
    Community Member
    Options

Agilebits has stated that Wi-Fi sync will not operable with their iPhone/Pad app until it is updated to version 4.3. They cannot say at this time when that will be available, but is coming "soon". See more under the discussion started by Hessijames entitled Wi-Fi sync.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @johsny.

Are you still having issues with syncing? Can you why explain why Dropbox Sync "seems to be totally broken"? It might help to understand what that problem is before switching to iCloud Sync. We certainly don't want to put your 1Password data at risk!

The topic that @Neocybersailor referred to that @Hessijames started is Wi-Fi sync.

This discussion has been closed.