autosubmitting inconsistent (with https://accesd.desjardins.com)

Options
Gilles9
Gilles9
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

And it relates to Preferences in iP4

when I play click or de-click "animate form filling" along wih "automatically submit login..."

I get some site autosubmitting correctly and some others loosing the autosubmitting
the wooops it reverses

the problem is there.... for sites not sutosubmitting

Unfortunately cannot find a clear pattern on why and when it occurs

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Gilles9.

Are you saying that auto-submit is randomly failing, with or without Animate form filling enabled? In other words, Animate form filling doesn't seem to influence it? Are you seeing this happen repeatedly with any specific site(s)?

Thanks for any additional information that could help us to reproduce and fix this!

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

There is this site
    https://accesd.desjardins.com

that use to work perfectly, now it fills, but no autosubmit

My point in the post above is that I started to select Animate, Automatic submit login, in 1P 4 preferences under browsers
    and by toggling each one on and off, in different manners
    at one point the above mentionned site, started to work perfectly, so fast that on the page it did not give me the time to send the "dots" fill in

I can't reproduce however
    but I seem to remember that when Animate filling was introduce, I had to de-select it for somethings to work ( like auto filling and autosubmit, as for me 1P is only for Passwords entries )

So it may be similar today with 1P4

Today that site does not work for autosubmit, it fills OK, then I have to use my mouse or trackpad to press the "go" button
    Pressing enter on my keyboard will not submit ( which would be a lesser bad

So inconsistency is it works then it does not work, and I think it relates to the preferences in 1P4 (v 4.0.2)

Why that Autosubmit preference and another one for each login when we edit a login ?
    is duplication the problem ?

Thanks for asking

• Hi @Gilles9,

The animated filling feature, when it was introduced, did have a bug where it affected the ability to submit if the site has radio buttons but it has been fixed for a while now. 1Password 4 extension does include the same fix.

However, as I recall here, desjardins.com has been problematic for some customers recently as well. In this case, the auto-submit doesn't work for me either but it does fill. We still have this site listed in our bug tracker and we'll improve our extension to work better on this site.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT

it is appreciated

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9 Do you have a custom keyboard shortcut or are you using the default? We were just discussing a situation where a custom keyboard shortcut that includes the option/alt key will make autosubmit fail because the option key also temporarily toggles the autosubmit preference.

As for the autosubmit you see in each login, we have that there because sometimes, there are logins that you never want to autosubmit, no matter what the global autosubmit setting is. For instance, my personal domain email address login. Sometimes Google plops me down on a site scoped to my domain name where I only need the portion before the @ sign. Other times, I need to enter the full login. So, I have it set to never submit so I don't end up with failed logins and have to manually type things in or copy and paste.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

My shortcut is "CMDà"
    Never had any problems with it, it has always been my shotrcut since day one, even prior to 1P2 when it was 1Password
    and with that particular site autosubmit always worked, except with, maybe, one iteration of the Extension in Safari and it was quickly fixed by Agile though a new build of the extension ( can't say how )

Surprisingly this is new with 1P4, worked with 1P3, and work temporarely in 1P4;
    but I can't reproduce why, and why it stopped, this is why I suggested it was toggling with animation

• Hi @Gilles9,

Just to be clear, on your keyboard, you're not pressing the alt/option to get à, right?

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

No I am not

• Ok, then that's not the cause. We'll keep hunting down for whatever's causing this intermittent issue.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

it seems that the fever of the first weeks/months has dropped down
    and Agile is on top of the new realease now

but this site still does not autosubmit ( was ok under 1P3)
    https://accesd.desjardins.com

you closed a tread on this

saying you'll look at it when things smooth off

Please try to fix this

Thanks

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Hello !
    Agile !!!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello, @Gilles9.

I've merged your new topic with your original one (which was still open) about this autosubmit issue. At the moment there's no additional information about it and, as @MikeT mentioned earlier, the problematic site is still listed in our bug tracker. Thank you for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.