How to turn off auto submit from browser [Resolved by turning off submit for specific items]

Options
MichaelL
MichaelL
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

Some sites have a challenge request for login. I use to change to fill in but do not submit from the browser drop down. That appears to be gone. And I have to cut and paste from the app. Is there away to make it work as it did?

Comments

• MichaelL
    MichaelL
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone?

• Michael,

There are a few options:

1. It is possible to change the submit option in the main application.
    2. There is global "Submit Logins" setting in 1Password mini:

There is another undocumented way to quickly disable auto submit. If you hold the Option key and the click on the Login then the current auto submit setting will be temporarily reversed.

• We hope to make Login editing available in 1Password mini at some point to make it easier for you to change this setting.

• velgor
    velgor
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, the 'Submit Logins' setting doesn't appear to do anything (MAS version). I've tried checking and unchecking it, and 1Password Mini still insists upon auto-submitting when using key commands. This really needs to be fixed as it's highly annoying.

• SuperKirby
    SuperKirby
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same problem. I turned off Auto-submit both in the mini and the main application, but some websites still auto-submit for me :((

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @velgor and @SuperKirby,

Please check the individual logins that are still insisting on auto-submitting. When you edit the entry, is the Submit field set to Always Submit?

• SuperKirby
    SuperKirby
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Thanks. I didn't think about it! Yes, turning off individual logins worked! Do I have to do it for all my logins from now on?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SuperKirby,

I'm so glad that solved things for you! The default setting for new logins has Submit set to "Submit when Enabled", so you shouldn't have to change this for every login. Just choose "Never" for those pesky ones where Auto-submit seems to fail, and then the rest will submit if/when you select the Submit Logins option in Mini.

• SuperKirby
    SuperKirby
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.