Upgraded to 4 from 3, completely hosed.

Options
irrg
irrg
Community Member

I'm running OS X 10.8.5 with all the latest patches. I upgraded to 1P 4 through the App Store app. I sync over Dropbox.

After uninstalling the old extensions and installing the new ones, the extensions “see” the new app (and/or the mini app) just fine. Firefox, Chrome, Safari.

However, when I try to fill anything out with command-\ OR the extension icon, nothing gets filled. Part of the time, the Mini app pops up when I hit command-\ in my browser (where the browser extension should be handling things).

I can't fill a single form. 3.x was old, sure, but it worked. Additionally, I can't roll back to 3, since I'm using the App Store version.

I intend to do a completely clean install of my system when Mavericks hits, but, until then, (and, I know this is awfully broken record-ish sounding)… hosed. Suggestions most welcome. I've read most of the threads re: 4 on this forum.

Comments

• irrg
    irrg
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and I'm also not running Sophos. Since that's the only known issue that comes close. No virus scanner, no firewalls.

• irrg
    irrg
    Community Member
    Options

Correction: Safari seems to work now after my clean install (killed all 1P related processes, deleted app, cleared out ~/Library/Containers/agile, reinstalled from app store)

• irrg
    irrg
    Community Member
    Options

Solution: Apparently Chrome and Firefox have to be installed in /Applications. Having them installed anywhere else (like I have for months, using brew cask) breaks 1password.

• Hi @irrg,

I am sorry for getting back to your post so late. Thank you for posting the solution to this issue!

1Password 4 tightened up the security and it now verifies the signature of the application process that is trying to connect to it and obtain the login information. The Mac App Store version can only verify the signature of the browser if it is located in the /Applications folders because the sandbox would not allow it to read data elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.