In summary

RDH
RDH
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

• I have 2 Macs that 'appear' to be in sync with the same file but have different data
• My iPhone and iPad seem to be very random with syncing and fail as often as not,
• I have missing attachments and god knows what else.
• I cannot add attachments
• Other stuff that I an't even remember!!!
• I have spent almost a week trawling these forums and getting nowhere
• I have emailed you support-urgent email address more than once as advised but have no answer!

I really just want to delete 1PW from all but 1 Mac and revert that Mac to 1PW3 and restore from my most recent 1PW3 backup before reinstalling on other mac and my iOS devices.

Once 1PW4 is verified as safe and reliable I will then cautiously upgrade both Macs.

Can someone please post simply instructions as to how to do this as I am going crazy trying to follow this forum and feel like screaming.

I also saw a post from an admin last night that seemed to imply that if one bought a MAS version then one would be allowed to install a (supposedly more reliable version) from the website. I can't find this now and cannot spend another night trawling this forum.

Please can you post all the info I require in one place.

Comments

• Thank you for sending the diagnostics report!

Your Dropbox configuration is custom and the current Mac App Store version will not be able to sync. We have it fixed in development and will be submitting a new build to the Mac App Store later today. I just hope to make sure we got all urgent issues resolved before we submit.

Using the AgileBits store version might be the simplest solution for you. If you download it from the website then it should find your data in Dropbox. Please note that Mac App Store and AgileBits store apps use different databases internally.

It is certainly possible to revert to 1Password 3 as well. The 1Password 3 data and backups are still on your computer.

I am still not sure what could be happening with the attachments. I see the error message in the logs and for some reason, 1Password is not able to open then attachment file when you are saving the item. Any chance the attachment file is deleted before the item is saved? Perhaps you could walk me through the steps so that I could try to recreate this issue.

Thank you!

• RDH
    RDH
    Community Member

Thanks. I have downloaded but not install yet. I notice the version from your site is called 1Password 4.app whilst the App store version is just 1Password.app. Do I just delete the Appstore version and move the website version into my Applications folder?

What about serial number/license etc? I have a website license for 1PW3 but migrated to the Appstore version some time ago 'for simplicity' ;)

• RDH
    RDH
    Community Member

Just done it and it would appear that this a better version. Seems better straight away and can now add attachments and the missing attachment I was aware of is back. Not sure if any others are missing so will reserve judgement.

This is running as a 30 day trial. Can I please have a license for both my Macs??

• This is great to hear!

I sent you a private message.

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member

roustem,

I likewise think the best path forward is to make the switch back to your store's version per your instructions in http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/87239#Comment_87239. I don't need iCloud sync, so it just seems like a better solution and a better way to support AgileBits going forward. I likewise formerly had a 1pw3 AgileBits Store family license under the name of Eric Oshlo and obviously now also have a 1pw4 MAS license having purchased the 1pw3 MAS license back when it was first available as a way to prepay for 1pw4 & support its development.

Unless you think this is an unduly hasty or poor decision looking forward, what do I need to provide you or do to receive a 1pw4 AB Store family license? I'm happy to send you via private message my former 1pw3 license code or the receipt file from inside the 1pw4 MAS package.

Eric Oshlo

• Thank you, Eric!

I found your information and sent the new license in an email.

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

Hi Roustem

In the same boat as the other guys. Downloaded 1P4 from the website (rather use that one than the MAS currently on my machine) and it's on the 30-day trial.

Bought 3.9.6 from the MAS on 15th December 2012 and upgraded to 1P4 a couple of days ago. So, if I could get a licence for the website version it would be appreciated.

Emailed support using the email address I registered with 1P3 and the Forum but if you need anything else please let me know.

If it's easier to do it this way then, of course, delete the email to support.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Paul

• Naldo
    Naldo
    Community Member

Hi Roustem,

The more i read the different comments the more i'm feeling that i made and mistake the buy 1password ad the mas. Can i please get an license code to switch to the 1password version from the website. TIA

Naldo

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member

The more i read the different comments the more i'm feeling that i made and mistake the buy 1password ad the mas. Can i please get an license code to switch to the 1password version from the website.

same for me Roustem

Thanks

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member

roustem - Thank you, sir!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi!

If you're having issues related to 1P4 MAS-to-webstore licensing please refer to posts #10, #12, and #23 in this topic: Convert from MAS to direct version?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.