Checking iCloud, but I want DropBox

Options
dbutton
dbutton
Community Member

1Password is asking for my master password, says it's "Checking iCloud", but my sync data is in DropBox -- I can't get past the failed log-in screen in order to get at settings.
The sync data in DropBox is shared on my Mac and other mobile devices. I'm trying to set up 1Password on an iPad(2) with a clean install of iOS 7. I (unfortunately and inadvertently) installed 1Password before I installed DropBox. I subsequently installed DropBox, but 1Pass seems to only want to look at iCloud. I have the current version of 1Pass, have tried removing it and reinstalling it. Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dbutton,

It looks like you might have some sort of data in iCloud. Let's remove it completely. To do so, please follow the guide here:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

Once that is done, delete and reinstall the app (again) - it should behave nicely for you this time!

• dbutton
    dbutton
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! After deleting the 1Password data from iCloud and re-installing I got the series of dialogs about choosing how to sync and was able to choose Dropbox and now I'm set. Good to know about the Manage Storage area in iPad Settings. BTW, I had to skip the first step in the guide you referenced--about turning off Sync: a) I couldn't get to 1Password settings because I only had access to the login screen, and b) I knew I didn't need the iCloud version of my 1Pass data. Anyway, thanks again!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dbutton,

Thanks for letting us know you're all sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.