Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.

Options
richardprior
richardprior
Community Member

Hi,

please can someone help me?

I have just paid to upgrade a family license to 1Password 4. I followed the instructions, saved a new login on the chrome and safari extensions, deleted the old extensions & installed the new one.

However, when I try to open the new app I get this error message:

"Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

I keep directing it to my dropbox where the file is named correctly, but this does not work.

Extremely disillusioned as I have the app on my iPhone as well and it will not let me force a dropbox sync (this was off).

When I put in my dropbox email & password it says "Login failed. Please make sure email and password are correct".

I have even changed my dropbox password but to no avail.

All my life is trusted to 1 password, please help!!

Comments

• @richardprior,

To verify your Dropbox email and password, please make sure you can login with the same information on http://dropbox.com

Do you still have 1Password 3 installed on your Mac? In this case might be easier to find where the data was stored.

• Sarah-Jane Hickey
    Sarah-Jane Hickey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I am also having the same problem - my Dropbox login works everywhere (on my Mac and the browser & iPhone app) but it says on the 1password app "Login failed. Please make sure email and password are correct. Error: (null). I turned off Dropbox 2 step verification in case that might be the issue but to no avail.

I can't seem to find where to enter the code to switch to wifi syncing either (on 1Password 4 on Mac).

Thanks,

Suzanne

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

If you want to switch to wifi sync then on the Mac go to Window >Wifi sync. You will need version 4.3 on your iOS device, with 1P4 open on that device. You input the "secret" (shown on the Mac) on the iOS device (go to Settings > Sync > Wifi sync). Note that you should have other sync methods (Dropbox, etc.) turned off before you use wifi sync.

Edit: see generally here for a knowledge base article on wifi sync.

Stephen

• fyellin
    fyellin
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running into the exact same problem. I have no problem logging into the DropBox standalone application on either my iPhone and iPad. But I cannot log into Dropbox from 1Password on either.

Is there some limit on password length? Are their characters it can't handle?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fyellin and Sarah-Jane,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties logging into Dropbox via 1Password on your iOS device. What version of 1Password do you have installed on iOS?

This discussion has been closed.