remove items from smart folder clears folder instead

Options
sketchesplus
sketchesplus
Community Member

my smart folders do not sync from mac to iphone, so I made a new folder and drap n drop contents from smart folder to folder (same name) then select all items in smart folder, "removed from folder" and it removes all the items from the new folder I just made instead of the smart folder. does the same thing for one item and all items, whether I drag n drop the items from the vault or the smart folder to the new folder. Tried renaming the new folder and still clears the folder instead of the smart folder.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @sketchesplus.

As you've discovered and reported, it's possible to remove items from regular folders when they're selected in a smart folder (or other locations). That's how it's intended to work. Since a smart folder is a saved search the only way to remove items from it is by changing its search criteria so it excludes unwanted items. It's similar to removing a tag from an item to remove that item from the tag's sidebar group.

It would be less confusing, but also less flexible, if Remove from Folder was only enabled with a regular folder selected. Would you (or anyone else) prefer it that way?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk, I think what you suggest would be rather safer (and possibly a little less confusing).

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys. I've filed an improvement request for Remove from Folder to be limited to selected items within a regular folder they're in.

This discussion has been closed.