mini login dialog fails to appear if main application is closed

Options
hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

1P 4.0.2 release version, OS X 10.8.5, Safari 6.0.3 (8536.30.1)

I have a distinct recollection of seeing this reported before, but I can't resurrect the thread.

In the release version of 4.0.2 from the AgileBits web site, if the main application is closed and I enter Cmd-\ to autofill a web login, the icon for mini is highlighted in blue, but the drop down screen for entering the master password does not appear. If I enter the master password anyway, as if the dialog were there, it accepts the input and then goes ahead and logs in to the site. IT is as if the password screen is there and functional, but invisible.

This strikes me as a serious problem. When this first began to happen to me, I assumed that 1Password mini and the browser extension had become completely nonfunctional unless the main application was open. I expect new users will be very confused.

Edit: same problem in Firefox.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

This actually happens when the main application is locked, not just closed.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried this all again, and now the sign in dialog is appearing. So never mind, I guess. Weird!

• Hi @hawkmoth,

That is weird. We've seen some reports of this but it never is reproducible. If it ever comes back, please keep in mind what you were doing right before that happened and let us know every details you can provide, so we can try to reproduce it.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

So my report was on October 11. Today is October 21, and I have never seen this again.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Thanks for letting us know that this bug seems to have vanished - I'm glad to hear things have been working properly for you :)

This discussion has been closed.