bug for editing logins

Options
bankofapple
bankofapple
Community Member

each time when i click "edit" a login, it then opens the full application, and just stop at the general search box (should be already directed to that specific login item). then when i start typing, i surprisingly find out the app starts to use my search text letter to edit the name of the login item i planned to edit/find.

new feature suggestion:
1. the right arrow of login item list is too sensitive. should adjust to make it respond a little bit slower.
2. I have 3,000 web logins, each backup took me a huge space (i only have 256G SSD). need to have a setting page to limit the backup frequency, backup time, and be able to remove old password. don't know why backup took so huge space, if just for text store, around 10MB is surely enough for 3000 items. 400-600MB is too ridiculous.

Comments

• Hi @bankofapple,

Yep, we can reproduce this edit > search > then the actual item in editing mode. We're working on it.

1. We keep going back and forth on this based on the customers' feedback. Many are saying it's now good enough after they said it was too slow. I'd recommend using the right arrow key instead of the mouse to view the item's details view. We're working on finding a better solution.
    2. You don't use any attachments? I have ~2400 items, with ~30 attachments and 8 vaults, it is only 12MB per backup for me. Is there anything in your Trash inside 1Password?
  • lizardbreath
    lizardbreath
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike
    I lost my download from iTunes of 1Password 4 mac. I have the receipt. Can you help me?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@lizardbreath, if you downloaded 1P4 from the App Store you should always be able to download it again if you need it. (If you try that and it says "Installed" then you have it anyway.)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lizardbreath,

Stephen is right, you should be able to re-download 1Password 4 directly through the Mac App Store. Please make sure that you are logged in with the same AppleID that you used to make the original purchase. If you are unable to find it there, please let me know and we'll get this sorted for you :)

• lizardbreath
    lizardbreath
    Community Member
    Options

I looked in the Mac App Store and found a charge for the iPad Mini but I had to change my Apple ID so I cannot reinstall.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lizardbreath,

Even if you have updated your AppleID, you should still be able to log in temporarily with your previous ID to download the program. If you want to get past purchases transferred to your new AppleID, that would be something to discuss directly with Apple. :)

This discussion has been closed.