first-gen iPad (1PW3 and iOS5) sync options?

Options
KreeOle
KreeOle
Community Member

I have 1Password installed on 6 family devices, spanning Mac, Windows, iPhone and iPad.

When iOS6 came out, Apple announced it wasn't going to apply for first-generation iPads.
Mine wasn't even 18 months old. (How could it be unsupported "legacy" so fast? Jeez, that was expensive!)

Now I read that 1Password4 requires iOS6, so my first-gen iPad stays at 1Password3 for iOS5.
But 1Password3 cannot sync via Dropbox any more.

Please explain my 1Password sync options for the first-gen iPad running 1Password3.
I have both Mac (1PW4) and Windows 7 (1PW3 until the upgrade is available)

WiFi? Transfer through iTunes? Please DON'T TELL ME IT'S DEAD IN THE WATER!

Gary

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Gary ( @KreeOle )

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with a complicated sync situation here. I know that the pace of technology is a bit overwhelming these days.

But, the good news is, you can keep your iPad 1 synced up! It will just take a bit of finagling. :)

1Password 3 for iOS will still sync via Wi-Fi with 1Password 3 for Mac, so all we need to do is keep 1Password 3 on your Mac. If you purchased 1Password 4 from our website, you might still have 1Password 3. If you got 1Password 4 via upgrade from the Mac App Store, we can easily install 1Password 3 for Mac via our website. Then 1Password 3 for Mac can stay synced via Dropbox with 1Password 4 for Mac, and you can sync your iPad via Wi-Fi whenever necessary.

The instructions for setting up Wi-Fi sync for 1Password 3 are here: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password3/ios-wifi-sync.html

If you need to download 1Password 3 from our website again, just head here: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/legacy_versions.html

(Please let me know if you are a Mac App Store customer, and I can generate a 1Password 3 license for you)

If you have any questions about this, please let me know :)

• KreeOle
    KreeOle
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

A working weekend, eh? I didn't expect a reply until Monday. Thank you for the follow-up!

I purchased 1PW4 for Mac from Agilebits. I still have both 1PW3 and 1PW4 for Mac installed.

Thanks for the guidance,

Gary

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi KreeOle,

The launch of 1Password 4 has us all a bit busy, so we're all putting in a few extra hours where we can to make sure that customers don't wait too long for answers. :) I hope this solution works well for you - we're here if you hit any snags!!

This discussion has been closed.