1Password 4 breaks Syncing ?

Options
Vyper007
Vyper007
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm just trying to determine if its just me having this issue or if anyone else is. I've just looked through the "Known Issues" and dont really see this mentioned.

Basically I had 1Password 3 syncing perfectly via dropbox, and when I say syncing I mean between 2 Macs' (one at home and one at work). Both Macs are running OSX 10.8.5 and both are running 1Password 4 as distributed via the App Store.

The problem I've got since upgrading is I tell both 1PW's to use Dropbox for the sync, I point both Macs at the same data file in Dropbox and upon initial setup of Dropbox on my work computer it imported all my logins and secure notes etc as I expected. However when I make changes at either side (home or work) the changes are not synced to the other side, despite 1Password saying something like it had just Sync'd 1 min ago in the preference pane. Also if you look at the data file "date modified" time stamp in Finder its still reports it was last modified days ago

In desperation I then stopped syncing at both sides, and decided I'd try iCloud syncing instead. My Home Mac made the "onepassword" file in iCloud and my work computer successfully sync'd from it as a few new entries that I'd made from home appeared on my work computer. However after that initial sync once again any changes I make at either side are not appearing on the other Mac again. I know its not an iCloud space issue as I can see I've still got 2GB free in iCloud and my data file is only 300MB.

Is syncing just completely broken in all its forms ?. Whats going on ?, anyone else got this issue ?

Comments

• Hi Vyper007,

Have you updated to the latest version, 1Password 4.0.3, and see if it makes any differences? Note on the receiving side, once 1Password receives the changes via Dropbox or iCloud, try locking and unlocking, does that bring up the new changes?

There are some unexpected sandboxing issues in the Mac App Store version of 1Password, which we can only see after the app is released through the store but it only affects the Dropbox sync. However, in 4.0.3, there's a different bug, where it doesn't refresh the listing when picking up new changes, forcing you to change something to refresh it like locking/unlocking or switching vaults.

This discussion has been closed.