I already use DB, but 1P4 wants to set up a "new vault". Does that overwrite my passwords?

Options
owen-b
owen-b
Community Member

I upgraded my MAS 1P3 to 1P4. I already used DB to sync my keychain, in the Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain location. When I went to tell 1P4 where to sync, it wouldn't let me just use that existing keychain, it asked me where my DB was and went to set up an entirely new 'vault' in that location instead.

I stopped it before it could do so as I feared it was going to wipe out my passwords in DB. I've had to switch to iCloud syncing to get it all working. I don't trust it not to wipe DB.

Can someone please clarify how I tell 1P4 to just use the existing data in DB, or does it simply not work like that any more?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this knowledge base article help?

Stephen

• owen-b
    owen-b
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but no. I didn't get that screen when I fired up 1P4 for the first time. Instead it decided to automatically scrape my iCloud for a keychain and it found one from months ago when I dabbled for one day with iCloud but went back to DB.

So it loaded up a massively out of date keychain which it refused to delete, and when I instead told the preferences to go look in Dropbnox, it wanted to set up a brand new vault as above.

HGonestly, I've had nothing but trouble with this update, it's a complete shambles. Now I'm left using 1P3 on my iMac with DB syncing, 1P4 on iOS and MacBook using iCloud syncing.

How MacStories etc gushed with praise about this release I do not understand.

• Hi @owen-b,

Can you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and include the link to this thread, we'll explain how to resolve the issue once we understand the whole picture of your setup.

As for the reviews and why majority of the customers didn't have any issues, most of them have clean sync setups, they didn't have the old data file in iCloud and often they use the standard ~/Dropbox/1Password directory. Right now, we're seeing issues where many users didn't have this clean setup.

We're releasing more updates to fix the issues bought up by those users including fixing the unexpected bugs in the Mac App Store version where most reviewers were using our website versions.

This discussion has been closed.