How to Export/Sync with Windows

ericc1
ericc1
Community Member

Hi,

I have 1password 4 for mac but I use a Windows 8 machine as my main CPU. I tried dropbox sync but it just says it's not a 1p data file. I tried backingup to a USB thumbdrive and restoring from backup (export from Mac import to Win), same issue.

And the only export option on 1p 4 is for a PIF file? What happened to text export? Here's what I would like to know:

1. How can I sync 1p 4 mac w/1p for win (current version)
  2. If not possible how can I export 1p into a readable format to restore it to the 1p win version?

Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• Hi Eric,

We're working on adding more import/export modules to 1Password 4 in future updates, we're rewriting them to be much better than the ones in 1Password 3.

Where did you see the not 1Password data file message? Was it on Windows or Mac?

If on Windows, did you select the 1Password.agilekeychain folder inside Dropbox instead of the Dropbox folder?

1. From Mac to Windows, follow the instructions here. On Windows, wait for Dropbox to finish its sync and then open 1Password, go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Data. Select the 1Password.agilekeychain folder in Dropbox > 1Password path.
    2. This is possible as mentioned in the question #1 above. However, after you get everything working. Please make sure you don't leave the 1PIF lying around since it is not protected nor encrypted.
This discussion has been closed.