Wi-Fi syncing with 1Password 4.3

Options
BikerBob
BikerBob
Community Member

My TidBits feed alerted me today to the fact that the 4.3 update was out for iOS7 devices. My iPhone and iPad had already downloaded them in the background and it was easy-peasy following the TidBits instructions on turning on WiFi syncing.

While I have put dozens of passwords on 1Password, I have always held back from putting any credit card or banking or investment info on 1Password because I was very concerned about syncing that info over DropBox or iCloud. Knowing now that this is no longer necessary, I feel comfortable with a strong password set for 1Password (I checked my 1password here https://howsecureismypassword.net and it returned that it would take a desktop PC about 39 quadrillion years to crack it).

So my question is, do I now simply turn off DropBox syncing on the iPhone and iPad and then go to Dropbox and delete all the 1Password syncing info stored there???

Many thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BikerBob,

I am so pleased to hear that Wi-Fi sync is helping you feel extra secure about your data's safety.

You are correct, turning off Dropbox sync and deleting the data in your Dropbox folder is all you need to do.

When you go to Preferences > Sync on your Mac and select 'Change Syncing' you will be given the option to delete the data in Dropbox. Then just click 'Disable Syncing' and you're all set :)

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much, Megan.

This discussion has been closed.