2BUA8C4S2C existence and notification center icon missing [Confirmed, a bug in OS X ATM]

Options
pardthemonster
pardthemonster
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

Notification Center feels un-polished with the 1Password icon not showing and the item being called 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits as 1Password

Will this be fixed? 4.0.3 does not.

Comments

• ACSpooky
    ACSpooky
    Community Member
    Options

Running Version 4.0.2b1 (402001) on a fresh install of 10.9 (Mavericks). I don't have missing icons, but Notification Center doesn't list "1Password" - instead listing "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits" as the program name. I assume this is a known issue, but thought I'd report it anyway.

https://files.app.net/zs4rwBS3.png
    https://files.app.net/zs4swQTx.png

Other than that, so far so good on 10.9 (GM).

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It is indeed a known issue (see under "Miscellaneous", near the bottom).

Stephen

• Hi guys,

As Stephen_C corrected linked to, this is a known issue in OS X. We're waiting to hear back from Apple on how to resolve this properly.

• tzm41
    tzm41
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue here. I thought it was a bug of the beta software, but now I should blame Apple.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Can we blame you for blaming Apple, @tzm41? :)

• tzm41
    tzm41
    Community Member
    Options

So it is not an issue of the OS? I am more confused...

• Hi @tzm41,

I think Scott was trying to be funny.

There's nobody to blame at the moment, we've filed a radar (bug report) with Apple about this bug and awaiting to hear back from them. We did everything that they said to do but it didn't work, so there seem to be something wrong with the way OS X is reading our files. Hopefully, it is an easy fix that we can do on our side once Apple figures this out.

• tzm41
    tzm41
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Okay thanks for the reply. We will wait and see.

• Apple got back to me with some information that might help. I'm hopeful but can't promise anything until I verify it works. Hopefully I'll have some good news to share soon :)

• tzm41
    tzm41
    Community Member
    Options

With the new 4.0.5 update I got my icon back. Name issue still unfixed.

• pardthemonster
    pardthemonster
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with tzm41, all good except name issue.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hey, @tzm41. I see how my earlier comment that was meant in humor could be misunderstood and apologize for that.

Now that the icon for 1Password mini notifications has returned hopefully it won't be too long before the name issue is also resolved.

• tzm41
    tzm41
    Community Member
    Options

Haha, okay.

This discussion has been closed.